Asking your help!
Most importantly, can you identify these photographs or their location? … If so, please contact me at email@example.com. Thanks!
- First of all, I purchase these photographs in a collection of turn-of-the-century University of Arizona photographs.
- Secondly I believe these images to be Ft. Lowell, circa 1890, with the Rincon Mountains visible in the background.
- Most interestingly, I can’t match these up with any photographs with providence through searching “Google Images”
- The blue photographs are Cyanotypes – for the distinctive blue cast to the print images. They are first introduced by John Herschel in 1842.
- Cyanotypes do not reach the height of their popularity until the mid-1880s.
Any ideas? Click onto any photograph for an expanded view!